Position Title: Natural Resource Specialist I-III/Hydroacoustic Survey Specialist
Agency: Coastal Fisheries Division, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (TPWD)
Job Location: TPWD Dickinson Marine Lab – Dickinson, TX
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Upper Coast Regional Director, the Natural Resources Specialist performs duties directly related to the collection, processing and dissemination of acoustic survey data for the conservation, management, restoration and monitoring of oyster habitat and ecosystem-based coastal management. Assists with design, construction and monitoring of oyster habitat restoration/mitigation projects. Provides leadership to staff and program coordination. Assists with data analysis, report and grant writing, and USCOE permit applications. Operates equipment safely and maintains fisheries specific gear, equipment and facilities. Promotes public awareness of Department and Program activities. Performs additional duties as assigned. Complies with all Agency, Division and Branch rules, regulations and procedures.
Working Conditions: (1) Required to work hours other than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with days off other than Saturday, Sunday and holidays as needed; (2) Required to travel with possible overnight stays; (3) Required to perform work outdoors, occasionally in adverse weather conditions; (4) Non-smoking environment in State buildings and vehicles. NOTE: 25% Travel required for this position.
· Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a relevant BA/BS degree in Biology; Mariculture or Fisheries Science; Ecology; or one of the natural sciences or closely related field.
· Natural Resources Specialist (NRS) I: No experience required.
· NRS II: Two years’ relevant experience required.
· NRS III: Six years relevant experience.
· License/Certifications: Must possess or be able to obtain, within 30 days of employment, a valid Class "C" Texas driver's license. NOTE: Retention of position contingent upon obtaining and maintaining license.
· Preferred Licensure:
1. A current Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) certification.
Additional Requirements; Knowledge, Skills & Abilities; Salary; Application and all other Information: may be found athttp://agency.governmentjobs.com/tpwd/default.cfm and click on Job #12-00-596